Most people visiting my blog probably don't know who I am. Am I right? Well that's why I have created this post. I figure you might as well get a look into my life as a photographer, but also, you should get to know me as a person too. I'm not ALWAYS a photographer.... well... I mean I am... cause I'm a crazy person who has a camera attached to me at all times, whether it be my phone or my DSLR, but that's not the point.
Anycakes, here's 10 things you probably don't know about me!
1. I don't really like to cook. If it's not easy, I probably won't make it. It doesn't come in a box, I also probably won't make it. Really, if I have to use my brain after a long day of work, I just will probably open Skip the Dishes and order something. I actually decided to try out this sweet food box delivery meal thing (Miss Fresh - www.missfresh.com) to try and see if I can make myself start to cook healthier and better meals. I just got the box & my first thing to tackle making is Pulled Pork Pancake Sliders.
2. Photography isn't my only job. I have a full-time, Monday to Friday, 9-5 job where I spend my weekdays, and then I come home and tackle all things Photography! I could be editing your photos (probably), researching some marketing ideas (guys, I suck at it) or saying screw it all at vegging out binge watching New Girl on Netflix.
3. My favourite colour is purple. I actually love it so much, I dyed my hair purple. It was pretty awesome... until I realized my passport was expiring and I needed to go get a picture done.... so I dyed it back to brown cause I wasn't planning on having purple hair for the next 10 years. I was upset when I got my passport and the photo was black & white... derp.
4. I LOVE CHOCOLATE. Pretty much any chocolate, but I love Reese Peanut Butter Cups and Oh! Henry's. They are my favourite. I got real upset when they closed the Hershey Factory cause I couldn't get anymore broken Oh Henry bars. Wasn't that legit the best place ever?! Gosh I miss that place.
5. I may not like to cook, but I do love to bake! Probably explains my massive sweet tooth.... It sucks though, cause I'll make something, and Matt (my boyfriend) doesn't really like sweets all that much, so I'm forced to eat it all! Sometimes I'll bring them to my colleagues at work when I'm feeling nice. 🙂
6. I actually have two diplomas from Algonquin College. Before I took Photography, I actually graduated from the Police Foundations course. Now, you're probably thinking "Ummmm WTF?! That doesn't even make sense! How did you go from being a cop to a photographer?!" Well they were actually supposed to go together. I wanted to be a Forensic Photographer. I was planning on taking Criminology after Photography, but I ended up deciding I didn't want to be in school anymore, and I also found out to even get considered to be a forensic photographer in Canada, you need to be an officer for 5 years - and there was no way in hell that was gonna happen.
7. It's kinda weird, but when I have a stomach ache, I'll eat apples and chips. They make my stomach feel better. I don't know why... since apples are so acidic it doesn't really make sense. I'm weird, I know.
8. I have too many names for my cat Loki, but his main one I call him is Bug-a-Boo. Mostly cause he's a pain in the butt most days (bug) and he likes to sneak attack me (boo). I figure it describes him well.
9. I love wine. Probably too much that it COULD be a problem, but right now it's not so we won't talk about it. I also REALLY love sangria! Give me some red sangria and we will be friends forever. Fruit in alcohol is always a good idea.
10. I'm addicted to Netflix. I just BINGE watch EVERYTHING. It could be an awful show and I'd still binge it, but currently I am addicted to New Girl, Jane the Virgin, Orange is the New Black, and The Fosters. Give me that mellow dramatic teen shows that make you cry and feel stupid about it. It's bad. I know. I CAN'T STOP THOUGH. See?! I have a problem.
Well, now you know my favourite colour, what to get me when I'm sad (wine and chocolate) and where to find me on a Saturday night - on my sofa, drinking wine, and binge watching Netflix. Now, if you'd excuse me, I have some Netflix to binge and dinner to make. ✌🏻
Photo by Sophie Fortier Photography