Updated: Jun 16, 2020
I get asked "What Should I Wear!?" when a client books a boudoir session with me every single time. So I figured writing this blog post might help a lot of women out.
Picking your outfit is half the fun of a boudoir session! You get to buy some new lingerie, or get to wear one you already own but have only worn it maybe once or twice. So I'm here to help you figure out how to choose something flattering for your body type & how to feel confident & sexy while wearing it.
Somethings to keep in mind when choosing what to wear are:
- Not every outfit has to be lingerie
- Have at least one bra & pantie set with you
- Bring a pair of high heels
- Try everything on before your session
- Wear something brand new or very lightly worn
- Keeping your body type in mind, wear something that flatters YOU
- But most importantly, wear something you feel sexy in. If you don't feel sexy in something, you won't look sexy in it!
SOME GENERAL CLOTHING TIPS
Garters & Thigh Highs
If you've got them, bring them! Not only do they offer so much more to your session, they are beyond sexy & offer many amazing options for photos of your already amazing legs. If you choose to wear thigh highs without a garter, make sure you get the ones with the plastic stay ups so they don't slip off your legs.
Something of your Significant Other
If you are doing a session for your significant other, bring something of theirs to incorporate into your session to make it more personable. Some suggestions are a plain white dress shirt, a tie, their favourite sports team jersey, recreational gear or even their uniform. Anything you think would make the session more personal & sexy to them!
Pearl & diamonds are a great accessory to bring to your session. Have a long strand of pearls? Those are perfect for draping. Have a pair of stunning earrings? Wear them! They add depth & add another level of sexy to your photos. You can easily modify the look of your outfit by changing up the accessories. You may only have one outfit change, but switching up a necklace takes seconds rather than minutes. Accessories include jewelry, hats, scarves, boots, stilettos, gloves, fishnets, stockings, garter belts, etc.
The higher the better, in my opinion! You may not be able to walk in them (don't worry, I won't make you) but damn, do they look good! Colour should be kept in the neutral family - black, white & beige - but anything with some bling or are high & strappy are also a must. Leave your wedges at home this time.
Corsets & Bustiers
These make your waist look narrow & are also a great option to give you more of an hourglass shape. If you are smaller than a C-cup, like me (itty bitty titty committee unite!) be sure to grab the ones with built in support so you don't look flat chested.
Push Up Bras
Push up bras gives you added support to the girls, but also look AMAZING in photos. So bust those out & don't leave them at home time time.
Bra & Panties Depending on which package you have, bring a couple options with you to your session. I always suggest starting with a black set, then we can add the colours & patterns. They can also be photographed alone or paired with any of your accessories or clothing you bring.
If you are having a bridal boudoir session, I always suggest bringing a white lingerie piece with you. It could be anything from a bra & pantie set, or even a white bodysuit. It just gives more of the bridal feel to it. I also highly recommend bringing a veil with you. Veils are gorgeous in photos & give you that extra wedding feel to your images. They are also so much fun to play with!
A baby doll nighty, bodysuit, slips & camisoles are always a great choice. Corsets with thigh high stockings, a garter belt & heels make anyone look sexy too. Think about what colours look good on you & choose something that you feel comfortable in but also you look amazing in too! Maybe ask your significant other what outfits they like, or which colour they prefer on you.
Everyday clothing such as a sheer top, jeans or shorts are a great choice for a more casual look. A simple white tank top or cami are also very versatile & can be paired with many different things.
- Bring your clothing & lingerie on hangers in a garment bag. Don’t stuff it in a duffel bag! This will reduce wrinkles & any fold lines.
- Clean the bottoms of your shoes (& feet) just in case they appear in a photo.
- Cut tags & make sure security devices have been removed from anything new you have purchased.
- The magic of photoshop stops at tan lines! I highly recommend NOT getting a spray tan – as they always streak – also stay out of the sun the week before your session to avoid sun burns or noticeable tan lines. You want your skin to be natural & even.
- Make sure your mani-pedi is fresh, matches your clothing colours & styles. French tips, golds, & neutral colours look really nice. Avoid bold colours as it will become of the focus of the photo.
- Opt for lacy, sheer demi cup bras over full coverage t-shirt bras.
- Come to the session in loose fitting clothes without bras, socks, or panties to prevent dents or lines on your body.
ADDITIONAL OUTFIT IDEAS
- Cocktail Dress
- Short Robe or Wrap
- Fur Jacket
- Suit Jacket
- Team Jersey
- Fashion Glasses
- Hair Accessories
PLACES TO SHOP
- La Senza
If you still need some suggestions, I am happy to answer any of your questions during our planning session where we can go over any outfit options so you feel more comfortable with your decision & what you are bringing to your session. To start your planning session, click here to get in touch!
Ready to feel like a badass boss babe?! Send me a message and let's chat about your session!